It’s important to inspect your deck or porch for wood damage, rot, and wear and tear to keep it safe, functional, and looking good. When repair is called for, look no further than the experts at Innovative Construction Solutions in Naples, FL.
The building science professionals at Innovative Construction Solutions have extensive backgrounds in luxury home and commercial construction and bring unique sets of skills to the process of assessing the source and extent of water intrusion and other building envelope problems and finding permanent solutions.
We are licensed general contractors in the State of Florida who provide superior technical and product knowledge for projects of all scales. Our qualified team of engineers, technically trained field supervisors and qualified installation technicians are the best in the industry.
Porch Repair & Safety Issues
A porch, deck, or patio is a wonderful addition to any home for entertaining family and friends, hosting summer barbecues, or simply relaxing in your outdoor space. Its exposure to the ravages of Florida’s weather, including heat, rain, and wind, however, can cause problems such as:
- Visible efflorescence or mold: Efflorescence is the residue of salt deposits (usually white) that is left behind when water seeps through concrete, stone, or brick. It doesn’t grow or spread like mold and is not generally harmful to your health. If, on the other hand, you see white residue on surfaces other than masonry (e.g., wood), you are most likely dealing with mold that must be treated.
- Loose, cracked or rotted deck boards: Inspect each board on the porch or deck for signs of moisture-related problems, such as water damage, rot, large cracks, insect infestation, mold and mildew.
- Weathered or discolored boards: If the boards of your wood deck are weathered or discolored, they may require a good cleaning, resealing, or may need to be replaced.
- Cracked concrete piers or support posts: Most elevated porches have vertical wood posts that rest on top of concrete piers or extend down into concrete-filled holes. Look for signs that the piers or posts have cracked or started to crumble and disintegrate
- Loose railings: Vertical railings can warp, twist, or deteriorate due to wood rot or insect damage, making them wobbly, unsteady, and dangerous. It’s critically important that railings be inspected often and kept in good, sound condition.
- Unsafe stairs: Inspect stairs or steps for signs of structural damage, including cracks, loose connections, and missing fasteners. Also look for moisture-related problems, such as water damage, rot, insect infestation, mold and mildew.
If you notice any of these issues, we would advise you to have the porch inspected and repaired as soon as possible by the experts at Innovative Construction Solutions.
We have 25+ years of experience in repairing and renovating porches and decks for clients in the Naples area. We will be happy to meet with you to discuss how we can best meet your needs and your budget.
Innovative Construction Solutions offers porch inspection and repair services in the Naples, FL area. As a valued partner with exceptional construction expertise, we deliver efficient, timely, and competitively priced services. Call us today at (239) 384-5890 to explore our services.