Innovative Construction Solutions provides home energy audits in Naples FL that help homeowners save a lot of money on their monthly bills. We can show you ways you’re losing money that you might not have ever considered. You’ll find out the exact locations of your home where energy waste is occurring, and we’ll suggest ways to address any issues that are taking place. Please don’t put any sort of energy-saving plan into action without contacting us first.
Why You Need a Home Energy Audit
Many people don’t give a lot of thought to the number of appliances and devices they use in their home each and every day. All of these items, of course, use a great deal of energy. Most of us, however, are paying too much each month due to waste. This waste occurs silently, without you even knowing it. When you turn to us for a home energy audit, however, you’ll get a clear picture of where inefficiencies are happening.
Once you get that picture and you make the necessary changes, you’ll reap the benefits for years to come. Not only will you pay less each month, you’ll also see improvements in the quality of your indoor air as well as your comfort.
At Innovative Construction Solutions, we have several state-of-the-art tools at our disposal when performing home energy audits. Maybe the most important one is infrared imaging. This equipment shows us the parts of your home that are either too warm or too cold. It also uncovers areas where moisture may be intruding into your home, as well as areas where your insulation may not be working as efficiently as it should.
Once we gather the information, we can then recommend the best ways to solve the problems you’re experiencing.
There are several other tools we use when performing a home energy audit. Here are just a few examples.
- Blower door tests that show where your air conditioning system may be deficient.
- Readings to determine humidity and temperature levels in your home.
- Roof testing equipment to see where air may be escaping.
We perform all of our tests as quickly as possible so that you can get on with your typical daily activities.
How to Prepare for a Home Energy Audit
There are a few things you can do to help your home energy audit go faster. If possible, try to do the following before we come to your home.
- Tell the technician the number of people who live in your home. Also, let the tech know where you usually keep your thermostat when cooling or heating your home, and whether or not people are typically home during the day.
- Make a note of any problems you may be experiencing, such as moisture accumulating close to your doors or windows. If parts of your home seem too drafty, make a note of that as well.
- If you can, provide a list of each month’s energy bill for the last year. If that’s not convenient, you should be able to find it on the website of your energy provider.
Contact Innovative Construction Solutions to Learn More
At Innovative Construction Solutions, we have a great deal of experience performing home energy audits in Naples FL. If you have any questions or you’d like to schedule an appointment, please call us at (239) 384-5890 or contact us online.