In Naples, FL, mold and water damage will require a level of specialized repair that is costly, time-consuming, and complex. Innovative Construction Solutions does not provide mold remediation, but we can help you avoid the need for this service at all by monitoring for conditions that allow it.
Innovative Construction Solutions is a daughter company of BCB Homes. We offer highly experienced, well-trained, licensed contractors to inspect, repair, and construct homes throughout Southwest Florida. When we’re responsible for your home’s care, minor issues are addressed immediately, so issues like mold are moot.
Our services include remediation and construction for homeowners and professional builders. We also offer expert analysis, design, guidance, and more to legal and insurance professionals.
Mold is a fungus that needs moisture to grow and spread. It naturally exists, reproducing through spores that will come into your home and take up residence if given the opportunity. Most molds do not cause problems, but when they grow in your home can cause allergic responses that range from sinus issues to death.
Of the mold species, black mold is the most detrimental to health and thrives on regular moisture like that supplied by a leaky roof or plumbing problem. The mycotoxin spores that come from this mold will float throughout the air in the home and cause severe health problems for the residents.
The Mold Remediation Process
Mold remediation is a process that requires professional skill, tools, and expertise. Techs will find the source of the mold, resolve it, and then repair the damage caused by the water and mold infiltration.
- Mold abatement involves confining the area with mold and removing the mold on the structure and contents. This process can be pretty invasive and time-consuming.
- Mold remediation combines mold removal and abatement. However, the process goes beyond abatement to identify the reasons for the mold growth, remedy it, and verify that the problem won’t return.
Step-by-Step Mold Remediation:
- Inspection and Isolation (prevent further spread)
- Special Protective Equipment
- Minimize Spore and Dust Movement with Moisture
- Excision of Moldy Materials within the Structure
- Clean with Specialized Tools and Cleansers
- Salvage of Contents
- Mold-Killing Treatment and Encapsulation
- Clean Areas Outside of Encapsulated Area
- Thorough Drying and Humidity Control
Avoid the Complications and Expenses of Mold Remediation
As you can see, mold remediation is incredibly complex. In addition, the process is expensive, requires a great deal of time, and will mean that you’ll have to be absent from your home for a lengthy period. Fortunately, you can avoid these disruptions and hassles by preventing mold growth altogether.
Innovative Construction Solutions provides water management and leak detection services with advanced technology and the skill of master builders. Take advantage of these testing services for your home:
- Window and roof leak inspections and repair
- Water management
- A/C performance evaluation
- Air leaks
- Systems testing (A/C, generator, electric, roofing)
- Building envelope analysis
- Water and air infiltration testing
- Blower-door depressurization
- Infrared thermography
- Moisture mapping
- Temperature and humidity readings
- Roof surveys
- Evaluation of mechanical systems
- Construction defect investigation
For prevention methods that will help you avoid the need for mold and water damage repair in Naples, FL, contact Innovative Construction Solutions. Call (239) 384-5890 or contact us online to take advantage of our remediation or construction services.