When soils shrink or expand depending on moisture content, slab-based homes may experience issues that require leak detection & repair in Bonita Springs, FL. Call on Innovative Construction Solutions to rectify this issue before it can cause irrevocable damage to the foundation.
A slab foundation means that when plumbing leaks occur, they’re hard to find and hard to find to repair because they’re hidden underneath the slab. If allowed to continue, a slab leak will erode the soil that supports the slab, leading to cracks in the foundation and water intrusion in the home.
Causes of Slab Leaks
Slab leaks occur when an element of the plumbing system fails to work properly. Poor quality materials, wear, improper installation, soil shifting, and corrosion can all cause the system to begin leaking.
A subtle leak under the slab may progress slowly, causing water to accumulate under the home. As the pressure from the water builds, weaknesses will develop, and eventually, that weakness will allow the water to enter the house – as a drop or two if you’re lucky and a flood if you’re not.
Symptoms of a Slab Leak
- An unexplained rise in the water bill
- Crack in the foundation
- Audible water sounds
- Low water pressure
- Unexplained warmth or dampness on floors
- Moldy odors
- Differences in landscaping growth rates
- Soil shifting around the home
Any of these signs should lead you to call Innovative Construction Solutions as soon as possible. Our expertise and advanced technology allow us to search for leaks with infrared technology. These non-invasive measures will find the leak, identify the extent of the damage, and allow us to repair the problem.
Methods of Slab Leak Repair
Repairing a slab leak is a significant undertaking that should not be taken on as a DIY endeavor, nor should you hire a company that is not tested and proven. We will identify the most appropriate way to repair your situation and do so as quickly and conveniently as possible. The repair methods may include rerouting the pipe in order to avoid destroying the slab, breaking through the slab to reach the pipes, lining the pipe with epoxy, or digging a tunnel below the slab.
Prevention of Slab Leaks
- Avoid allowing the soil around your home to become overly dry. Maintain moisture all year long.
- Avoid putting chemicals, cleaners, grease, bone, or fruit pits down the drain or the toilet.
- Have your water tested to ensure that the pH isn’t too low.
- Maintain water pressure between 40 and 60 PSI.
- Schedule regular plumbing inspections from Innovative Construction Solutions.
Additional Services from Innovative Construction Solutions
- Window & Roof Leaks
- Water Management
- A/C Performance Evaluation
- System Performance Testing
- Air Leak Evaluation
- Infrared Thermal Imaging Diagnostics
- Insulation Inspection
- Ductwork Inspection
- Air Leaks
- Systems Testing
- A/C Performance Testing and Evaluation
- Generator Testing and Evaluation
- Electrical System Testing and Evaluation
- Roofing and Tile Evaluation
- Building Envelope Analysis
- Water and Air Infiltration Testing
- Blower-Door Depressurization
- Infrared Thermography
- Moisture Mapping
- Temperature and Humidity Readings
- Roof Surveys
- Evaluation of Mechanical Systems
- Construction Defect Investigation
- Window and Door Waterproofing
- Balcony and Deck Waterproofing
- Tile and Stone Waterproofing
- Hardie Board Waterproofing
- Exterior Wall Waterproofing
- Below Grade Waterproofing
- Planter Waterproofing
- Window & Door Installation
- Concrete Tile Roofs
- Clay Tile Roofs
- Slate Tile Roofs
- Flat Roofs
- Metal Roofs
- Roof Replacement
For slab leak detection and repair or other home inspection, remodeling, and construction services in Bonita Springs, FL, contact the team at Innovative Construction Solutions. Reach out by following this link or phone at (239) 384-5890.