Innovative Construction Solutions has a great deal of expertise in Naples window & door installation. We’ve been the go-to source for not only homeowners, but also general contractors and builders across the area. Why do they turn to us on a regular basis? Because they know we’re passionate about quality. Everything we do, we do it with one goal in mind – to make sure every one of our customers is completely satisfied. We would love the chance to earn your trust, as well as your continued business.
Do You Need a New Window or Door? Here’s How to Tell
A lot of people rarely give a second thought to their windows or doors. They’re so used to them being there, they hardly even notice them anymore. But if you take a good look, you might see some indications that it’s time to get your windows or doors replaced.
For example, when it comes to windows, you might want to consider getting new ones if any of the following apply to you.
- Age – Have you noticed your windows are warping? That could mean your wooden window frame is starting to fail. Once rot sets in to wood, it will be extremely difficult to reverse the decay. Eventually, you’ll be much better off getting a new window rather than paying for a repair that will be a temporary fix at best.
- Your energy bills rise – You’re probably used to paying a certain, predictable amount of money each month on your energy bills. If there ever comes a month where that bill jumps unexpectedly, your windows might be at least partly to blame. The more air that gets through your window, the harder your air conditioner or heater has to work to keep you comfortable. Buying new windows could save you a great deal of money in the long run.
- You have problems opening or closing your windows – One of the most common reasons this happens is that the window was painted shut, of course. But it could also be due to a warped frame. Let us check to see if you’ll be better off with a repair or a replacement.
Knowing when to replace your doors will be just as important as knowing when to buy new windows. Here are a few ways to tell whether or not it’s time to do so.
- Cracking or warping – If you see signs of either, then you should seriously consider getting a new door. Even relatively minor warping or cracking can cause your energy bills to spike and let in potentially damaging insects.
- Sticking or squeaking – Is your door harder to open than usual? Does it make strange noises? That might mean the hinges have worn out, or that the wood is failing. The longer this lasts, the worse the problems will get.
- Floor scraping – This is yet another sign of warping, and could lead to floor damage that will be very difficult to repair. A warped door is more than just an aesthetic problem – it also allows moisture to get into your home.
Replacing your door will not only help save you money, it will also increase your home’s curb appeal. At Innovative Construction Solutions, we have decades of experience installing doors as well as windows. Learn more about how we can help by calling (239) 384-5890 or using our convenient online contact form.