Your balcony in Port Royal, Naples, FL is constantly exposed to the harsh Florida weather. Consequently, it can experience staining, leaks, and other signs of water damage. If you have concerns about your balcony and are not sure you have a problem, Innovative Construction Solutions can help.
Innovative Construction Solutions is a team of highly trained professionals with various building, construction, design and architectural expertise, and includes architects, landscape architects, engineers, general contractors and seasoned project managers.
Our industry experts have a wide range of experience with balcony construction defects and can recommend repair solutions. Whether you need a minor repair for a small leak, ongoing maintenance, or full restoration, why not go with the most experienced team in the business?
You may notice balcony water damage in any of the following ways:
- Visible efflorescence coming from the outside edge of deck system (This is a sign that water is pooling or not draining properly.)
- Water staining from leaks or pooling water
- Leaking at windows, doors, door thresholds or from underneath the deck
- Difficulty opening and closing windows or doors due to swelling of wood
- Deteriorating wood or dry rot
- Cracked or missing tiles
- Cracked or missing grout
- Peeling or blistering paint
- Weakened joints at balcony railings and structural posts
What Causes Balcony Water Intrusion?
There can be many reasons for balcony water intrusion. They include:
- Insufficient slope:The balcony surface must have an adequate slope that allows water to drain off quickly. If there is an inadequate or negative slope that does not drain water properly, or drains it toward the building, water can pool on the balcony, causing it to absorb water to the point where it is no longer safe.
- Inadequate flashing:Flashing is a thin layer of waterproof material that keeps water from going where it doesn’t belong. Without flashing, there is nothing to prevent water from seeping from the balcony into your home and cause serious structural damage over time.
- Poor waterproofing membrane: Proper waterproofing of a balcony involves laying down a waterproof membrane as a complete barrier to water penetration. This waterproofing measure can fail, however, primarily due to poor workmanship or poor surface preparation.
Using state-of-the-art technology such as thermal imaging and electronic water detection, Innovative Construction Solutions can determine if your balcony is leaking and where. This will help us isolate the source of the leaks in order to restore or rebuild weathered balconies and deck drainage systems to prevent future leaking and damage.
We can completely restore the beauty of your balcony, safely remove failed coatings, and bring a weathered deck back to life. If you are a builder, our waterproofing services will help you protect the homes you build from the ravages of Florida’s weather and extend the life of your new construction homes.
Balconies are susceptible to damage caused by water, and balcony staining is evidence of trouble. Innovative Construction Solutions can help you protect your Port Royal, Naples, FL home from damage with our leak detection and balcony leak repair services. Get in touch with us today at (239) 384-5890 to learn more.